Friday, August 28, 2009

College so far...

I just started my second year at Biola in the Pre-nursing program. This semester my hardest task is tackling Microbiology. Its gonna be a tough but wonderful semester. As long as I keep my eyes focused on the One who gives me Perfect Peace through any situation. I was talking to my roommate Jamie about it today and we realized something. It is so easy to get caught up in the stress of these classes, but when it comes down to it its not even about us. I am studying to be a nurse not for my own benefit or so I can say " yes, I am an RN and I worked hard for it!"....NO I am studying to be a nurse first for the glory of God and second for other people. I will have a career of loving people!!! How awesome an opportunity is that? So really all the crazy hard work I am doing is for those people, not me at all. If one person could be treated, healed, or even saved becuase of God using me as a nurse....this will all be SO worth it! So that is the mindset I am determined to take as I press on in the nursing program.
As far as health, not too much new to tell. I went to see my Endocrinologist earlier this month to talk about my sugar levels. For now I am just supposed to continue taking insulin everyday and keeping track of my blood sugar levels for the next six months and then we'll see after that I guess.
It was such a blessing too!! When I went to the dr., after my appointment my doctor asked if he could pray for me! I was so blessed by him doing that. It was the first time that anyone has ever asked to pray for me in a public health setting. It encouraged me and made me even more excited to be a nurse and be able to show others the love of Christ in my job. Whether its being able to pray with them or just love them through my actions, I can't wait! :)
I have been feeling ok since I have been at college. My lungs have been feeling a bit goopier than normal lately so I'm hoping there is nothing going on in there. I'm just trying to do my part and take care of my lungs and I trust God to do the rest.
This semester I believe God has called me to trust Him in news ways and to step out and love people boldly! My prayer is that I would not waste a single day I am given. I want to give Him everything and I pray for a deeper desire to share His AMAZING love with others. I don't know what He has planned, but I can't wait to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment