Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Not About Me

I am making this blog with the intention that it be about God, not me. I find that it is all too easy to make things about me, seeking to glorify myself, but there is no point in that. The very breath that I am taking right now is only a result of God's grace and sustaining power. Everything that I write in this blog is because of Jesus Christ and the immense grace that He continually pours out upon me; He carries me through every storm and He has brought beauty from my ashes more times than I can count.

"As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Becuase of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died." Galatians 6:14

"It is not that we think that we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God. He has enabled us to be ministers of his new covenant." 2 Cor. 3:5-6

"I came to you in weakness - timid and trembling. And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit. I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God."
1 Cor. 2:3-5

This is for you, my Precious Savior! Be glorified!

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much Amanda! This Blog is a perfect illustration of every aspect of our God! I am so honored to know you! I love you Sis!!
    Love, Sam

    ReplyDelete